The Pan-Hellenic Association of Women with Breast Cancer “Alma Zois” was founded in 1988 by breast cancer survivors who aspired to offer to other survivors the necessary support for dealing with their illness and achieving a better quality of life. In the last 20+ years, the Association has grown and numbers 1,500 survivor members and many associate (non-survivor) members. The Board of Directors consists of seven members, all of whom are breast cancer survivors. The Association’s scientific work is designed by full-time mental health professionals and is approved by a 23-member multidisciplinary Scientific Committee. The Association’s personnel consists of 6 employees.
Our vision is to offer every woman in Greece information on breast cancer prevention and early detection and full psychosocial support to every woman who deals with breast cancer. Alma Zois provides many services including organized peer support, psychosocial support to breast cancer patients and their families, breast cancer awareness campaigns and advocacy campaigns for the breast cancer patient’s rights.
The Board of Directors of “Alma Zois” constituted Saturday, November 29, 2014 and consists of:
Board of directors:
- President, Cleopatra Gavriilidou.
- Vice President, Eleftheria Kourenta.
- Secretary, Paraskevi Michalopoulou.
- Cashier, Andriani Chapela.
- Members, Yohai Vasiliki, Eleni Theologou, Theodora Douman.
- Alternate Members: Iris Argyri, Zografia Kimperi, Athena Andrianopoulou.
List of Alma Zois personnel:
- Secretary, Dimitra Tsintoni, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Worker, Eleni Leka, email@example.com
- Psychological Service, Christiana Mitsi, firstname.lastname@example.org and Froso Tzintziropoulou, email@example.com
Contact Number: +30 2104180006, +30 2108815444
Fax: +30 2104180016
Telephone Support Line: +30 210 8 253 253